To be an organisation that engages students to have a voice, fulfill their potential and get the most out of their University experience.
A student community with influence.
Support, Empower, Represent
The way we do things is as important to us as what we achieve. As an organisation we will be:
We have 4 Strategic Aims that have been developed based on our understanding of student views on what we should be and what we should do.
These strategic aims are flexible and need to develop as new ideas emerge and as developments and technologies impact. These aims are:
1. Provide Relevant Quality Service
2. Build and Expand Opportunities
3. Develop and Grow our Voice
4. Build and Sustain Financial Viability
These 4 strategic aims are supported in their delivery by 8 strategic goals:
1. To secure appropriate quality accommodation for all AUSA services and activities
2. To provide a professional and enthusiastic group of people to support delivery of services and activities
3. To build relevant relationships with key stakeholders and providers
4. To develop new and engaging ways to ensure that AUSA is a student-led organisation
5. To raise our profile across campus
6. To secure existing and new funding streams 7. To grow fundraising impact
8. To develop services and activities
For each strategic goal we have identified agreed areas for action. These will be developed by each department into an annual Business Plan.
Strategic Goals: Areas for Action
1. To secure appropriate quality accommodation for all AUSA services and activities.
- Work collaboratively with the University and external stakeholders to identify current needs, future aspirations and student expectations.
- Support all societies, clubs, groups and initiative.
- Have clear guidance for all activities affiliated/ operating under AUSA.
- Develop partnership arrangements with University to secure appropriate long-term building occupancy.
2. To provide a professional and enthusiastic group of people to support delivery of services and activities.
- Develop clear recruitment and retention processes and procedures.
- Develop succession planning to secure continuity.
- Provide a quality Induction and Support Programme for all to ensure professional and personal development.
- Work towards achieving recognition for the quality of support provided to all.
- Ensure a culture of positivity.
3. To build relevant relationships with key stakeholders and providers.
- Identify key partners and develop a Partner Strategy to ensure clarity of relationship expectations.
- Develop joint working arrangements with partners to the mutual benefit of all.
- Explore potential of new services that would be of benefit to all stakeholders.
4. To develop new and engaging ways to grow student engagement with AUSA.
- Improve the experience of involvement with AUSA with underrepresented groups.
- Improve our approaches to gathering student opinion and acting on student views.
- Develop more ways for students to learn outside the formal curriculum.
- Support the development of student groups to encourage new ideas and initiatives.
- Encourage and support involvement in representative structures.
5. To raise our profile across campus.
- Improve communication and marketing.
- Improve relationships with University staff and departments and external stakeholders.
- Increase our visibility.
6. To secure existing and new funding streams.
- Develop unrestricted fundraising streams.
- Develop tender successes.
- Explore income generation opportunities.
- Develop relationship with University.
- Develop sponsorship relationships.
7. To grow fundraising impact.
- Develop the reach of RAG.
- Develop student volunteering opportunities.
- Explore the potential of fundraising for AUSA.
- Build relationships with other charities, organisations and bodies.
8. To develop services and activities.
- Identify and secure improvement opportunities.
- Support activities and services to fulfill potential.
- Develop innovative and creative ways for students to engage.