AUSA Advice can offer advice and information on a wide variety of topics relating to health and wellbeing.
Please use the options on the left to access issue specific information.
If you wish to discuss any topic further then please feel free to email us, email@example.com. AUSA Advice is open between 9am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
There is also a lot of good advice and information which can be found on the University Student Counselling Pages
Wellbeing Advice Clinic
Wellbeing Advice Clinic
Our wellbeing advisor at AUSA Advice is offering one-to-one wellbeing advice clinics to any student who feels they would like to have an informal discussion about their wellbeing.
Do you want to explore options to improve your overall wellbeing? At a Wellbeing Advice Clinic appointment we can look at things you can do to develop your personal coping strategies, look at different sources of support and come up with a plan of action.
What to expect?
- A friendly ear to listen to what is going on in your life you right now
- A place to discuss options and possible future support needs.
- Advice about things you can try to help improve how you are feeling
- Information about internal and external services that you can access to support you
- Help to formulate your next steps and plan out how you move forward
NB: Please note that the clinic is not intended or designed to replace ongoing counselling or support sessions, nor to provide an alternative to seeking professional support. This is predominantly an advice and signposting service.
- Wellbeing Advice Clinic appointments will be bookable below
- You will need to register an account with our site if you don’t already have one. Once you have logged in you should then be able to book any of the available appointments on offer. If you have any issues booking or registering an account on our website, please email us and we can help you with this. firstname.lastname@example.org
- New available appointments will appear and become bookable a week before. We will only have a certain amount of appointments available each week so please be patient, if you miss out one week please check back again the following week. Currently X4 appointments will be available to book each week (this will be reviewed as the service develops)
IMPORTANT: If you need to speak to someone urgently and there are no clinic appointments available please email us at email@example.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more appointment options.
What happens next?
- Once you have booked an appointment you will be emailed to confirm the booking and given some additional information and further instructions.
- If you do not receive this confirmation within 48 hours of booking, please contact us at email@example.com
COVID -19 Update:
With the situation that we all find ourselves in, with the current Coronavirus pandemic, many of us will be struggling with the isolation and social distancing. These circumstances can lead to issues with our mental health and general wellbeing. Therefore it is important to keep our minds active and now more than ever practice some self care.
If you, or someone you know, are struggling with poor mental health during this time please see our Mental Health Page - this page also has links to advice on dealing with the impact of the pandemic and social isolation.
AUSA Student Officers have also set up an online community Facebook page to encourage everyone to stay in touch with each other and also to share updates and information as well as fun things that are going on online - check it out! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/646638289452570/
During this time it is really important to stimulate your mind so why not check out some of the following fun things to do and access from the comfort of your home:
Keep your mind occupied....
- Virtual Tours - Virtual online tours - including zoos, landmarks in foreign countries, etc.
- Aquarium – Georgia aquarium allowing you to tour under the sea
Free Online learning
- Open Learn - Free, online courses, Open university
- Royal institute - Christmas lectures. A series of lectures presenting scientific subjects to a general audience in an entertaining manner.
- Learn 10 useful things to say in...
- T.K.S.S.T - Smart videos for curious minds of all ages
Geography and nature
- Tutorful - Top Geography websites, YouTube videos, and resources
- Project Noah – Global site where you can view and share wildlife
- Seterra - Free world geography, online quizzes
*Check the location/time zones of live-streamed concerts to calculate the UK start time. Time Zone calculator
- Free Opera - Dates confirmed until the end of March. Check the website via the link for future dates to be added
Arts and culture
- Walter's Museum - houses the highest artistic achievements from nearly every corner of the world. View some of the past, present, and future exhibitions
- Teaching history - 100 objects from museums across the UK with resources, information and teaching ideas to inspire your students’ interest in history
- Gutenburg - Download free books, e.g. Shakespear, Edgar Allen Poe, Frankenstein, etc.
- Solomon Kingsnorth - Books in PDF, Word and audiobook format - Alice in Wonderland / Wind in the Willows / The Railway Children / The Jungle Book / Peter Pan / Black Beauty
- Audible - Free for this period - Available in 6 languages
Miscellaneous & entertainment
- Expeditions App- Free virtual Reality Augmentation app for all ages, to take virtual trips around the world to hundreds of destinations.
- UK parliament - Politics, history, citizenship, etc. Written for children and young people, but lots of very interesting information, including how laws are made.
- Latest free stuff - UK site (if you are outside of the UK, google 'latest free stuff' and add your location)
- Roll20 - Build your own game - or play games with others online