AUSA Advice can offer advice and information on a wide variety of topics relating to health and wellbeing.
Please use the options on the left to access issue specific information.
If you wish to discuss any topic further then please feel free to email us, firstname.lastname@example.org. AUSA Advice is open between 9am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
June 2021 Update:
The Wellbeing Advice Clinics service will not be operating over the summer months, however we are still available to help, to arrange an appointment to discuss your wellbeing during this time please email email@example.com
With the situation that we all find ourselves in, with the current Coronavirus pandemic, many of us will be struggling with the isolation and social distancing. These circumstances can lead to issues with our mental health and general wellbeing. Therefore it is important to keep our minds active and now more than ever practice some self care.
If you, or someone you know, are struggling with poor mental health during this time please see our Mental Health Page - this page also has links to advice on dealing with the impact of the pandemic and social isolation.
During this time it is really important to stimulate your mind so why not check out some of the following fun things to do and access from the comfort of your home:
Keep your mind occupied....
- Virtual Tours - Virtual online tours - including zoos, landmarks in foreign countries, etc.
- Aquarium – Georgia aquarium allowing you to tour under the sea
Geography and nature
- Tutorful - Top Geography websites, YouTube videos, and resources
- Project Noah – Global site where you can view and share wildlife
Arts and culture
- Walter's Museum - houses the highest artistic achievements from nearly every corner of the world. View some of the past, present, and future exhibitions
- Teaching history - 100 objects from museums across the UK with resources, information and teaching ideas to inspire your students’ interest in history
- Gutenburg - Download free books, e.g. Shakespear, Edgar Allen Poe, Frankenstein, etc.
- Solomon Kingsnorth - Books in PDF, Word and audiobook format - Alice in Wonderland / Wind in the Willows / The Railway Children / The Jungle Book / Peter Pan / Black Beauty
Miscellaneous & entertainment
- Expeditions App- Free virtual Reality Augmentation app for all ages, to take virtual trips around the world to hundreds of destinations.
- Jamie Oliver - helps the nation with easy recipes, cooking tips, and ingenious hacks whilst many of us are staying at home.
- DIY and crafts - 25 foods you can re-grow at home from food scraps
- UK parliament - Politics, history, citizenship, etc. Written for children and young people, but lots of very interesting information, including how laws are made.
- Latest free stuff - UK site (if you are outside of the UK, google 'latest free stuff' and add your location)
- Roll20 - Build your own game - or play games with others online