If you are interested in joining a sports club or society while at University, this is the event to attend! With over 250 student activities to choose from, there is something for everyone. At the Student Activities Fayre, you will get the opportunity to chat with committee members, learn more about what they do and how to get involved!
We can’t fit all our student activities into one fayre, so we have split it into two days. See stall holders for each day below Please note, the above stalls may change slightly. If there is a society or sports club you would really like to see, we would recommend contacting them the day before to ensure their slot has not changed.
Tuesday 21st September
Aberdeen University Men's Hockey Club
Aberdeen University Women’s Hockey Club
Aberdeen University All-Round Fighting Club
Aberdeen University Baseball Club
Aberdeen University Cricket Club
Aberdeen University Volleyball Club
Aberdeen University Netball Club
Disabled Students Forum
Aberdeen University Muslim Students Association
Society of Petroleum Engineers
Aberdeen University Law Society
Physics and Astronomy Society
Aberdeen University Linguistics Society
Hispanic and Latin American society
The German Society
University of Aberdeen Symphony Orchestra
Students' Ruin Gin Society
Swing Dance Society
Anime and Manga Society
Creative Writing Society
Developer student club
Her Campus Aberdeen
Highland Faffers Society
Ice Skating Society
Lawyers Without Borders Student Division at Aberdeen University
Young Europeans Aberdeen
Aberdeen University Japanese Society
AUSA University of Aberdeen Opera Society
Treading the Boards Musical Society
Aberdeen University Baking Society
Aberdeen University Bridge Club
Aberdeen University Feminist Society
Aberdeen University Filmmaking Society
Aberdeen University Gaming Society
Aberdeen University Photography Society
Aberdeen University Roleplaying Association
Aberdeen University Trading & Investment Club
Aberdeen University Wild Swimming Society
Aerospace Engineering Society
Wednesday 22nd September
Aberdeen University Women’s Lacrosse
Aberdeen University Kickboxing Club
Aberdeen University Boxing Club
University of Aberdeen Athletics Club
Aberdeen University Basketball Club
AUSAC Aberdeen University Subaqua Club
Aberdeen University Orienteering Club (AUOC)
University of Aberdeen badminton club
American Football BULLS
Aberdeen Uni Floorball Club
Aberdeen University Swimming & Water Polo Club
LGBTQ+ Students Forum
The Aberdeen Law Project
Politics and International Relations
Biomedical Sciences Society
AU Sociology Society
Czech and Slovak Society
Aberdeen University Concert Band (AUCB)
Aberdeen University Show Choir
Craft Beer Appreciation Society
Centre Stage Theatre Company
Rocketry and Space Sciences
Scouts and Guides
Sensory Awareness Society
Society for Energy Transition
The International Viewpoint
The Philosophy Society
The Secret Garden Society
The Tea Society
The Wizarding World of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen Women in Science and Engineering Society
University Men’s Football
Aberdeen University Women’s Football Club
Aberdeen University Boat Club
Aberdeen University Tennis Club (AUTC)
Aberdeen University Equestrian Club
Aberdeen University Cheerleading Squad
Aberdeen University Triathlon Club
AUSA Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Students’ Forum (BAME Forum)
Aberdeen University Conservative and Unionist Association
The Theology and Religious Studies Society (TRSS)
Please note, for AUSA to control numbers and deliver the safest event, tickets must be purchased in advance to attend. Slots start at 11am* and end 3pm. Please select the time you would like to attend before adding to basket and checking out.
*Please note, 11am – 11.30am is the quiet session. This ticket is reserved for those who may be nervous or have accessibility requirements. Please only book this ticket if the above applies to you.
Freshers’ Ticket Information
- Tickets for this, and all Freshers’ events, are sold first-come-first-served, are limited, and events are likely to sell out.
- All Freshers’ tickets must be purchased on the AUSA (Aberdeen University Student Association) website at least 2 hours prior to the event start time.
- If you are a student under 18, you are able to attend AUSA’s official Freshers’ events. However, you will of course not be able to purchase or consume alcohol (please note this excludes ATIK events as it is an 18+ venue).
- We do not offer refunds on tickets for any other reason than a positive COVID test.
- You will be unable to purchase more than 1 ticket per person. This is so we know exactly who is attending for Test and Protect purposes. If you are having any issues purchasing a ticket, please email email@example.com where we will be able to help.
- Please read our safety information, any pre-event information we send through as well as our COVID guidelines before booking and attending our events.
Freshers’ Safety Information – PLEASE READ
Your safety is our priority, therefore AUSA and the University are working hard to ensure all Freshers’ events are run in a safe environment, but we need your help! When arriving at our Freshers’ Events, we ask that you please do the following:
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering on entry, queueing indoors, and when moving around the event (unless you have a medical exemption). Once seated you will be able to remove your mask. However, everyone is welcome to continue to wear a face covering if they prefer to do so.
- Please use the provided hand sanitiser on entry, exit or after touching any well used touch points. It may also be advisable to bring your own as well to use regularly throughout the event.
- You will be required to register with our Test and Protect system upon entry to any Freshers’ event. Please ensure you bring a charged phone with you to do so, someone else will not be able to check you in.
- If you, or a member of your household or close contact, gets symptoms of COVID-19 in the lead up to the event you must not attend.
- We would encourage all students to take a lateral flow test on the day of the event before attending any events. Kits are available on campus at the ‘Butchart Testing Centre’, or you are also able to order them to your home or collect from any local pharmacy - we encourage you to collect before you arrive to ensure you have some. Link to order kits from the Scottish Government website.
- If you cannot attend due to a positive test, you can get a refund for your ticket. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 hours before the event you were looking to attend with details.
- When possible, during events, we will be enforcing 1metre distancing. On entry, our event staff will confirm the specific event procedures. However, we ask you please respect everyone’s personal space regardless. There will be signs to remind everyone to keep their personal space.
- We are putting extra measures in place regarding COVID-19. However, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. By entering this event you have carefully considered your options and made sure you are completely comfortable with the risks associated with COVID-19.
- All AUSA events are subject to change or cancellation, and we continue to work closely with the University of Aberdeen and Scottish Government advice to ensure everything we do is as safe as possible and within government guidelines. Some events are also weather-dependent and may be cancelled or changed last minute. AUSA will endeavour to inform any ticket holders of event changes as soon as possible.
Our staff will be present during the entirety of Freshers’ events, so if you have any questions, keep an eye out for the staff in blue or our Freshers’ volunteers in black, or a Sabbatical in red!