Who doesn’t love The Greatest Showman? It’s a classic! This Freshers’, for one night only we will be streaming it into the Marquee for you to enjoy on the big screen!
- On campus event hosted in the Freshers’ Marquee
- Ticket required (£4). Please add one ticket to your basket and checkout.
- Ticket includes movie, seat, headphones, and bag of popcorn
- Please feel free to take down a blanket!
- All students welcome
- Please note this event may include moderate noise and some flashing lights
Freshers’ Ticket Information
- Tickets for this, and all Freshers’ events, are sold first-come-first-served, are limited, and events are likely to sell out.
- All Freshers’ tickets must be purchased on the AUSA (Aberdeen University Student Association) website at least 2 hours prior to the event start time.
- If you are a student under 18, you are able to attend AUSA’s official Freshers’ events. However, you will of course not be able to purchase or consume alcohol (please note this excludes ATIK events as it is an 18+ venue).
- We do not offer refunds on tickets for any other reason than a positive COVID test.
- You will be unable to purchase more than 1 ticket per person. This is so we know exactly who is attending for Test and Protect purposes. If you are having any issues purchasing a ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be able to help.
- Please read our safety information, any pre-event information we send through as well as our COVID guidelines before booking and attending our events.
Freshers’ Safety Information – PLEASE READ
Your safety is our priority, therefore AUSA and the University are working hard to ensure all Freshers’ events are run in a safe environment, but we need your help! When arriving at our Freshers’ Events, we ask that you please do the following:
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering on entry, queueing indoors, and when moving around the event (unless you have a medical exemption). Once seated you will be able to remove your mask. However, everyone is welcome to continue to wear a face covering if they prefer to do so.
- Please use the provided hand sanitiser on entry, exit or after touching any well used touch points. It may also be advisable to bring your own as well to use regularly throughout the event.
- You will be required to register with our Test and Protect system upon entry to any Freshers’ event. Please ensure you bring a charged phone with you to do so, someone else will not be able to check you in.
- If you, or a member of your household or close contact, gets symptoms of COVID-19 in the lead up to the event you must not attend.
- We would encourage all students to take a lateral flow test on the day of the event before attending any events. Kits are available on campus at the ‘Butchart Testing Centre’, or you are also able to order them to your home or collect from any local pharmacy - we encourage you to collect before you arrive to ensure you have some. Link to order kits from the Scottish Government website.
- If you cannot attend due to a positive test, you can get a refund for your ticket. Please email email@example.com at least 2 hours before the event you were looking to attend with details.
- When possible, during events, we will be enforcing 1metre distancing. On entry, our event staff will confirm the specific event procedures. However, we ask you please respect everyone’s personal space regardless. There will be signs to remind everyone to keep their personal space.
- We are putting extra measures in place regarding COVID-19. However, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. By entering this event you have carefully considered your options and made sure you are completely comfortable with the risks associated with COVID-19.
- All AUSA events are subject to change or cancellation, and we continue to work closely with the University of Aberdeen and Scottish Government advice to ensure everything we do is as safe as possible and within government guidelines. Some events are also weather-dependent and may be cancelled or changed last minute. AUSA will endeavour to inform any ticket holders of event changes as soon as possible.
Our staff will be present during the entirety of Freshers’ events, so if you have any questions, keep an eye out for the staff in blue or our Freshers’ volunteers in black, or a Sabbatical in red!