We present “Throwback Thursday with ATIK” on the Union Brew Stage! Why not pop in from 12 pm, grab some lunch and enjoy some throwback tunes!
- FREE event in Union Brew
- No sign up required
- Drop in anytime
- Before attending, please read the safety information below.
- Please note this event may include moderate noise and some flashing lights
Freshers’ Safety Information – PLEASE READ
Your safety is our priority, therefore AUSA and the University are working hard to ensure all Freshers’ events are run in a safe environment, but we need your help! When arriving at our Freshers’ Events, we ask that you please do the following:
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering on entry, queueing indoors, and when moving around the event (unless you have a medical exemption). Once seated you will be able to remove your mask. However, everyone is welcome to continue to wear a face covering if they prefer to do so.
- Please use the provided hand sanitiser on entry, exit or after touching any well used touch points. It may also be advisable to bring your own as well to use regularly throughout the event.
- You will be required to register with our Test and Protect system upon entry to any Freshers’ event. Please ensure you bring a charged phone with you to do so, someone else will not be able to check you in.
- If you, or a member of your household or close contact, gets symptoms of COVID-19 in the lead up to the event you must not attend.
- We would encourage all students to take a lateral flow test on the day of the event before attending any events. Kits are available on campus at the ‘Butchart Testing Centre’, or you are also able to order them to your home or collect from any local pharmacy - we encourage you to collect before you arrive to ensure you have some. Link to order kits from the Scottish Government website.
- If you cannot attend due to a positive test, you can get a refund for your ticket. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 hours before the event you were looking to attend with details.
- When possible, during events, we will be enforcing 1metre distancing. On entry, our event staff will confirm the specific event procedures. However, we ask you please respect everyone’s personal space regardless. There will be signs to remind everyone to keep their personal space.
- We are putting extra measures in place regarding COVID-19. However, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. By entering this event you have carefully considered your options and made sure you are completely comfortable with the risks associated with COVID-19.
- All AUSA events are subject to change or cancellation, and we continue to work closely with the University of Aberdeen and Scottish Government advice to ensure everything we do is as safe as possible and within government guidelines. Some events are also weather-dependent and may be cancelled or changed last minute. AUSA will endeavour to inform any ticket holders of event changes as soon as possible.
Our staff will be present during the entirety of Freshers’ events, so if you have any questions, keep an eye out for the staff in blue or our Freshers’ volunteers in black, or a Sabbatical in red!