AUSA is excited to be working with the University to provide free corporate room bookings to AUSA affiliated student activities to allow event more student events to happen on campus. There are lots of details around making bookings in these venues from food to health and safety so we have put together the information below to help make this as easy as possible. Make sure before you send in a request that you have read through to make sure you have all the details you need.
Important things you should know before you book:
- Bookings can be requested 5 weeks to 3 days before your event date.
- AUSA will be able to access up to 28 hours a week for student bookings. This will be done on a first come first served basis.
- Bookings for during the day can be booked for 1 of 3 options, 9-13:00, 1300-1700 or 9-1700.
- Bookings for evenings can be requested for minimum of 4 hours up to maximum of 6 hours any time after 5pm.
- Events need to be finished by 11pm.
- We can’t take block or repeat bookings to allow everyone a fair opportunity to use the spaces.
- If you wish to bring in your own AV, table cloths etc, this will be fine, but you just need to run it by Campus services first so they can double check it’s safe.
- There may be charges for services provided by Campus Services for things they do besides providing the room like security, table clothes or AV. Please check with Campus Services at the time of booking.
- Any food and drink must be provided by the University unless otherwise agreed, so no outside food can be brought in, home cooked or otherwise. The same goes for drinks and alcohol as the building’s alcohol licence is held by the Campus Services team and they are responsible for any consumption of drink in these venues. However, they have provided a list of corkage fees and have waved these fees for ‘appreciation events’ like a gin tasting. Full details can be found through the Food and Drinks link below.
How to book:
1. Fill out our form through the link below. We are going to ask you for your first, second and third choice of date in case your first choice isn’t available.
2. AUSA will be back in touch to confirm and put you in touch with a campus services rep.
3. Submit the relevant forms to the AUSA activities team and campus services.
a. All bookings – Risk Assessment (linked below)
b. Events with external speakers – External Speakers Form (linked below)
4. If you are arranging an event where there are additional fees, you will be invoiced for 20% of your fees straight away, and the rest will need to be paid 7 days before your event. Full terms and conditions can be found below.