Academic Advice is provided by AUSA Advice. Should you wish to contact us please call 01224 274200 between opening hours, Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm alternatively email us directly firstname.lastname@example.org. We are based in AUSA Union on Elphinstone Road.
The AUSA Advice offers free and impartial Academic Advice for all students. The University has an Appeals and Complaints procedure to help you deal with any such issues and here in the Student Advice Centre we can provide support for students from the early stages of the process. We can also act as a representative for students at meeting with the University or formal hearings.
We can talk to Schools, provide you with representation and offer you tailored advice so if you have an issue that you would like to talk about then please get in contact.
Please contact us at AUSA advice at your earliest convenience so we can assist you throughout your appeal or complaint. We need a 3 working days notice to represent you at a hearing. Remember that you can also be accompanied by a friend if we are unable to attend.
…is to support you in the best way possible.
This is how we can work together to achieve this:
- 1. Tell us all the facts – This helps us fully understand your case so we can offer good advice.
- 2. Keep in touch – We will let you know if anything changes. Keep us up-to-date with any progress.
- 3. Give us notice – We need at least 2 working days to respond to any contact from you and at least 3 working days notice to attend meetings with you.
- 4. Allow us to help – We offer a range of services and we are happy to look over your draft statements, CVs or letters.
- 5. Everyone is welcome – Our service is fair, open-minded and welcoming and we won’t discuss your concern with anyone else without your permission.
All that we ask in return is that you are nice to our staff!
You can also check out the AUSA Academic Survival Guide below for more information