In what feels like a previous world, you would attend lectures, tutorials, workshops, labs, seminars, and events, meeting your fellow students. Building such a network was important for your social life, activity levels and academic work.
Last term AUSA identified this as an area we wanted to address in the upcoming semester and the current restrictions have further highlighted this as a significant number of students are unable to return to campus.
The Buddy Scheme will aim to connect likeminded students to help fill the void that the lack of campus presence has had on student interaction. Providing you with a network through our Facebook group and one on one introductions through meetings on Zoom.
What to expect?
- Connection to like-minded students also looking to reach out and meet new people
- An appointment with a fellow student with similar interests and goals of what they would like to get out of the scheme
- Ice break questions/activities that you can decide to use if you find them useful
- The option to participate in a future buddy scheme or connect again with your previous Buddy.
- If both yourself and your Buddy fil in the post-meeting form stating you’d like to continue out with the program, your University emails will be shared and it is up to you to continue connecting out with the program
- You can book your Buddy Scheme appointments below.
- You will need to be logged in. If you don't have an account, please register one. Once you have logged in you should then be able to book any of the available appointments on offer.
- If you have any issues booking or registering an account on our website, please email us and we can help you with this. email@example.com.
What happens next?
- Once you have booked an appointment, the Buddy Scheme Team will review your questionnaire and your availability, arranging an appointment Zoom with a fellow student with similar expectations from the scheme
- An email and an invite to the Zoom meeting will be sent to you confirming the meeting and giving some additional information, further instructions and some ice breaker activities/questions should you wish to use them
- If you do not receive this confirmation by Friday at 5 pm of the week that you sign up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org