Who are we?
The Economics and Business Society is the official society of the University of Aberdeen Business School and one of the largest societies on campus, with over 200 members.
We have a mixture of 1st- to 4th-year undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, Economics, Finance, Accountancy, and Business Management. Alongside our core of undergraduate students, we have Masters, MBA, and PhD students attending our events.
We pride ourselves for our welcoming atmosphere and sense of initiative to lead students one step closer to their dream career while having fun!
Our society is officially sponsored by Big Four professional services firm Ernst and Young.
What is our Mission?
We aim to enrich students’ university experience on both the social and academic front. Through a wide array of academic and social initiatives, the society provides students with the opportunity to network with their fellow students, as well as with employers, to grow and develop as future business professionals.
Why should you join us?
Since our founding in 2013, we have swiftly grown to one of the largest societies on campus and were awarded “Society of the Year 2015-2016” by AUSA (Aberdeen University Students Association).
We have received recognition from the student community for
- Delivering high-quality networking events, workshops, and panel talks;
- Hosting renowned speakers from various industries;
- Sending delegations to prestigious conferences like the Warwick Economics Summit;
- Unrivalled in our socials such us the pub crawls, pub quizzes and our legendary annual Business Ball with over 300 attendees!
By being a member, you will
- Receive the EBS merch, as well as discounts on a number of online courses and resources available to you through our partners.
- Gain access to our academic and educational resources available on our soon published website.
- Participate in workshops and events held in collaboration with our official sponsor Ernst and Young.
- Get exclusive discounts to number of local businesses in Aberdeen.
- Become part of an extensive network of business-minded people who enjoy learning and having fun together!
If you are interested in becoming a member,
Go to https://www.ausa.org.uk/societies/society/economics/
Press “Join this group” – “Add to Basket” – “Checkout”.
It’s that simple! If you have any questions, please direct them to our Facebook page at
Also, check us out on LinkedIn
We hope to see you at our next events x