Finance and Business Support Manager
Aberdeen University Students’ Association (AUSA)
£41,526 per annum including pension and discounted membership to Aberdeen Sports Village.
36.5 hours per week, permanent and full-time
29 June 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated Finance and Business Support Manager to join AUSA, a registered charity, based on the University of Aberdeen campus.
AUSA is an organisation dedicated to representing the needs of the students at the University of Aberdeen. We provide support, advice, representation and we work with and support students; who run over 150 societies, 57 sports clubs, three media groups and many other student initiatives.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance and Business Support Manager will be accountable for:
- preparation of all financial information required by the Association to enable it to carry out its day to day operations and its legal responsibilities
- all aspects of internal Business Support for the Association, including management of HR, Health and Safety, IT and general office administration.
- financial management of the in-house bar-cafe.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated leaders with excellent communication skills and solid experience in managing the finances/ business support of a small but diverse organisation. A core value must be a commitment to student-led work and a drive to deliver excellent services for our students.
You will need to hold a professional accountancy qualification with experience in producing management accounts and Board Level reporting while demonstrating the ability to interpret complex financial information. Experience of both working within a charity and HR Knowledge is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
In addition, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of using an integrated financial accounting system, such as XERO, or equivalent.
- Experience of Point of Sale/Electronic Payment Systems (e.g SQUARE)
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Knowledge of current Accounting standards and Charity SORP
- Appropriate level of IT skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and data management systems.
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Knowledge of SAGE payroll system
- Knowledge and/ or experience of commercial delivery.
A full job description is available here. The person specification is available here.
To apply, candidates must send a CV with a detailed cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to: Graeme Kirkpatrick, CEO, direct by email to email@example.com.
The Association is committed to providing equality of opportunity, treatment, and dignity in appointments. We will not allow discrimination in any form in advertising, interviewing, selection or eligibility for jobs, and will therefore select individuals on the grounds of their ability and suitability for the vacancy based on genuinely required criteria.
This post does not meet the minimum requirements for visa sponsorship under the Skilled Worker Route. We are therefore unable to consider applicants for this post that require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Interviews are expected to be held virtually, through Microsoft Teams. Initially, this role will be based at home until we can reopen. AUSA has experience of new starts joining during the COVID 19 homeworking requirement.