AberGreen Community Events Coordinator, Aberdeen University Students’ Association (AUSA)
AUSA is seeking a Community Events Coordinator for its AberGreen project.
AberGreen is a two-year sustainability education project ending in March 2020. The Climate Challenge Funded project helps expand and build on the capacity of student-led initiatives to reduce carbon, embed a sustainable legacy, and improve climate literacy. It is expected that 251.6 tonnes of carbon each year will be saved through the two-year project.
As the project enters its second year, we are seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to join our busy team.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work efficiently, have an awareness of the impact of climate change, and will possess excellent team work, communication and events coordination skills.
This job requires some flexibility in working hours, including evening and weekend work. We are looking for a real self-starter who can operate effectively on their own initiative, as well as part of a team, and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
What’s on offer: £18, 400 salary (pro rata), discounted membership to Aberdeen Sports Village
Vacancy Type: Fixed term Part-time position (15hrs/week) based on the University of Aberdeen campus until 31st March 2020.
The AberGreen Community Events Coordinator will be part of a small team of coordinators responsible to the AberGreen Project Manager. This position will be responsible for organising events across all project strands, and will coordinate and recruit volunteers to meet the active travel project strand objectives and targets. They will have responsibility for:
- Implementation of a volunteer recruitment and retention plan with specific responsibilities to support the cycling and active travel strand activities
- Supporting partnership arrangements in place to assist project activities and events
- Supporting community engagement with project activities
- Delivery of project strand to budget
- Planning, implementing and where appropriate delivering large scale social events, training, cycling and active travel related events
- Record keeping, administrative duties related to all project strands, collating and reporting data to funders
- Compliance to systems, policies and procedures to support long term sustainability
- Ensuring all project activities meet H&S and legal requirements
- Providing support and direction to volunteers
- Providing Project Manager with all relevant information and statistics on performance to objectives and targets
- Promotion of the project strand activities and events through the use of various media such as posters, social media and notice boards
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
We require an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with solid experience in coordinating events, who has a strong commitment to delivering excellent services for our students.
- Educated to a good standard with significant related experience
- Experience in the field of carbon reduction and sustainability projects is desirable
- Experience in budget management and report writing
- A qualified First aider
- Ability to ride a bicycle (with trailer)
- Trained cycle leader desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to deliver through others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others effectively
- Experience in delivering to timelines
If you are interested in this role then please submit your CV and supporting letter to Lili Nagy, AberGreen, Project Manager at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 9.00am 4th July 2019
Interviews expected to be held on 15th July 2019
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £18,400.00 /year (pro rata)