AUSA Bar Café Assistants
From the start of January 2019, the Bar Café at Union Brew at the Hub will be fully operated by AUSA.
Accordingly we are seeking to recruit a pool of student staff to join AUSA as part time Bar Café Assistants. These posts will be offered on the basis of a minimum of 4 hours per week.
AUSA is an organisation dedicated to representing the needs of the students at the University of Aberdeen. We provide support, advice, representation and we work with and support students; who run over 150 societies, 57 sports clubs, three media groups and many other student initiatives.
What’s on offer:
The salary for this job is at the living wage rate of £9.00 per hour.
· You will work alongside a team in the bar café serving hot food, drinks and alcoholic beverages whilst maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
· You will be expected to work to the highest of your capabilities and ensure the uppermost standards of service are provided and maintained.
· You will be expected to exhibit a positive approach to any further training or professional development and demonstrate a flexible approach to hours of work and the tasks involved.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
You should be:
· able to demonstrate previous experience in working in a customer facing environment.
· organised and reliable, and able to use your own initiative.
· able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
· capable of working alone and as part of a team.
· conscientious and trustworthy.
· good at working under pressure during peak times.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your experience, suitability for the role, and an indication of your availability during the week to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd November, 2018.
Informal enquiries can be made to our Bar Café Manager, Scott Kilminster, email@example.com
Interviews will be held in early December, and successful candidates will be expected to attend an early evening training and induction session prior to the Festive break.
The positions will start w/c 7 January 2019.