AUSA Bar Café Supervisor
From the start of January 2019, the Bar Café at Union Brew at the Hub will be fully operated by AUSA.
Accordingly we are seeking to recruit a full time Supervisor to complete our team, which consists of a Bar Café Manager and a pool of part-time student staff.
AUSA is an organisation dedicated to representing the needs of the students at the University of Aberdeen. We provide support, advice, representation and we work with and support students; who run over 150 societies, 57 sports clubs, three media groups and many other student initiatives.
What’s on offer:
The salary for this job will be £19,850 per annum for a standard working week of 36.5 hours.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday 11.30 - 19.30
Wednesday 12.30 – 19.30
Some overtime to cover occasional evening events may also be required.
· You will oversee and work alongside a team in the bar café serving hot food, drinks and alcoholic beverages whilst ensuring a clean and tidy work environment is kept by the yourself and the staff.
· You will be expected to work to the highest of your capabilities and ensure the uppermost standards of service are provided and maintained.
· You will be expected to exhibit a positive approach to any further training or professional development and demonstrate a flexible approach to hours of work and the tasks involved.
· You will also be responsible for the security of daily cash takings, ensuring that the bar café is left tidy for the following day, and closing up the premises at the end of the evening.
• Qualified to National 5 level or equivalent
• Hold a basic food hygiene certificate
• Have previous catering and supervisory experience in a customer facing position
• Hold a Scottish Personal Licence
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Able to encourage, motivate and inspire staff
• Be organised and reliable
• Able to use one’s own initiative.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be capable of working alone and as part of a team.
• Conscientious and trustworthy.
• Good at working under pressure during peak times.
• This position requires some basic manual handling such as lifting, bending etc.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your experience, suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 12th December 2018.
Informal enquiries can be made to our Bar Café Manager, Scott Kilminster, email@example.com
Interviews will be held prior to the Festive break.
The position will start w/c 7 January 2019.
AberGreen Community Gardens Project Coordinator,
Aberdeen University Students’ Association (AUSA)
AUSA is seeking a Project Coordinator for its AberGreen project.
AberGreen is a two-year sustainability community education and engagement project funded by the Climate Challenge Fund. AberGreen will expand and build on the capacity of student-led initiatives on campus to reduce carbon emissions, embed a sustainable legacy, and to improve climate literacy. It is expected that 251.6 tonnes of carbon each year will be saved through the two-year project. To find out more about the project, please visit: https://www.ausa.org.uk/getinvolved/abergreen/.
What’s on offer: £18, 412 salary (pro rata), discounted membership to Aberdeen Sports Village.
Vacancy Type: Fixed-term Part-Time position, 12.25hrs/week based on the University campus until March 2020.
Please note that due to the availability of the community, working hours will need to be flexible with regular workshops and training events taking place on Wednesdays and Sundays.
The AberGreen Community Gardens Project Coordinator will be part of a team of three coordinators responsible to the AberGreen Project Manager. This position will be responsible for the Community Garden Project strand and volunteers, and will work with the relevant student committees to deliver the project strand objectives and meet targets. They will have responsibility for:
- Delivery of all project stand activities
- Building relationship with strand leads and relevant student committees, AUSA staff and University staff.
- Implementation of a volunteer recruitment, training and retention plan
- Supporting partnership arrangements in place to assist project activities
- Supporting community engagement with project activities
- Delivery of project strand to budget
- Compliance to systems, policies and procedures to support long term sustainability
- Ensuring all project activities meet H&S and legal requirements
- Providing support and direction to sessional personnel
- Providing Project Manager with all relevant information and statistics on performance to objectives and targets, submit regular reports
- General planning, development and of maintenance of gardens’ planting schedule and permaculture design including planting, weeding, mulching, harvesting, recording data
- Using recycled materials where possible, source and craft the necessary infrastructure to put plans into place in the Secret Garden’s allocated spaces. Including, necessary equipment, seeds, plants, planters, raise beds etc
- Planting out and maintaining seasonal produce throughout the year
- Organising gardening skills workshops and social events including harvest parties
- Assist with minor DIY jobs and upkeep of the community shed as and when needed
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
We require an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with solid experience in gardening, coordinating community projects and with a commitment to deliver excellent sustainable services for our students
- Educated to a good standard with significant related experience in gardening and project coordination
- Garden maintenance experience and good plant knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of botany and horticulture and/or permaculture essential
- Organised and reliable, and able to use own initiative
- Capable of working alone and as part of a team
- Experience in the field of carbon reduction and sustainability projects is desirable
- Basic IT skills for editing documents and spread sheets is essential
- Experience in budget management and report writing desirable
- First aid qualification desirable
- Ability to ride a bicycle with trailer
- Clean UK driving licence
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to deliver through others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others effectively
- Experience in delivering to timelines
If you think you are the person we’re looking for, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date: 9am 14th December 2018
Interviews expected to take place: 18th or 19th December 2018