Bar Café Manager
This is a unique opportunity to manage and run a new student facing bar and café facility within the Student Union building at the University of Aberdeen, and be integral in shaping its future direction, growth, and product offerings.
AUSA is an organisation dedicated to representing the needs of the 12,000 students at the University of Aberdeen. We provide support, advice, representation and we work with and support students; who run over 150 societies, 57 sports clubs, three media groups and other student initiatives.
What’s on offer: £22,200 - £24,200 salary per annum (depending on experience), pension and discounted membership to Aberdeen Sports Village.
Vacancy Type: Full time, permanent position, 36.5 hour contract per week.
Some overtime and evening work may be necessary.
To be responsible for the delivery and continuous development of a high quality, effective, student-centred food and beverage offering at the bar café to ensure the best possible customer experience, and to ensure full compliance with all necessary legislation.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
You will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Provision of excellent customer service.
- Day to day organisational tasks and the longer term operational development of a similar facility
- Day to day staff management experience, recruitment, staff rostering etc.
- Stock control and stock management procedures
- Financial experience - cash handling, daily sales reconciliations and working with AUSA finance and payroll team.
- Compliance with all other legislative requirements necessary to operate a similar facility.
You will act as the Designated Premises Manager for the bar café, and will hold a current personal licence.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 21 September Interviews – w/c 1 October 2018