The Athletics Club is suitable for all abilities and interests; whether you just want to get a bit fitter, or are competing at a high level, we are the club for you!
The club has two branches - the "Hares and Hounds" section, one of the oldest in the UK, for those who want to try long-distance, x-country, or slow jogging. We also have the "Track and Field" section for those who prefer to throw, jump, or run fast but not quite so far!
Our weekly Wednesday Group Jog is very popular and is particularly suitable for beginners, so please have no fear about turning-up and getting involved!
We are an lively, friendly club, with many social events organised throughout the year, from civilised pasta parties to wild fancy-dress pub crawls.
Training sessions, jogs and social events are also a great chance to meet new people and catch up with old friends. We also enter competitions throughout Scotland and the UK to give our members the opportunity to compete at a higher level.
New members are always made welcome at any of our sessions, whether you are a complete beginner, or an Olympic Athlete!
Remember to sign up for your membership which gives you:
- Training sessions throughout the week.
- A wide range of socials and events for meeting new members and having all round fun.
- Access to several trips and competitions throughout the year.
Training Times (held at ASV Outdoor Track unless otherwise stated):
- Monday - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wednesday (Group run) - 5:30pm (meeting location tbc) - CANCELLED FOR THE TIME BEING
- Thursday - 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday - 10:00am (Kings Pitches/ASV Outdoor Track)
Contact details - email facebook twitter