The Sensory Awareness Society aims to raise awareness of challenges faced by sensory impaired individuals and support the fantastic charities North East Sensory Services and Guide Dogs! In our society, you will have the opportunity to complete sensory awareness training with North East Sensory Services (an aid to your future work in practice), learn the basics of British Sign Language and have the opportunity to visit guide dogs in training!! Along with this our society will hold fundraisers, socials and provide seminars!
The events we have lined up for first semester include:
- British Sign Language Workshops
- Sensory Awareness Webinar
- Pub Quiz
- Case Based Discussion Event (Healthcare Students)
In second semester we are hoping to be able to offer:
- Guide Dog Training Centre Visit
- Sensory Awareness Training with North East Sensory Services
- Fundraising Events
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to get involved with our society!
Love the Sensory Awareness Committee x