If you are giving up your room in halls fill in the form here, or for a full property, fill out the online form here.
Information on Private Accommodation is provided by AUSA Advice. Should you wish to contact us please call 01224 274200 between opening hours, Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm alternatively email us directly firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information on the halls of residence the University provides you can visit the university halls website here or by visiting the student accommodation office located in the Infohub on the High Street.
We deal with all aspects of private accommodation. Come and see us if you are looking to find a flat to live in or to advertise a spare room.
Finding a place to stay can often be a stressful chore. Whether it’s your first time away from home or you’re moving to Aberdeen for the first time deciding where to stay is a big decision. There are generally two options available to you: halls of residence or private accommodation.
AUSA Advice can also give you advice on how to deal with your landlord, sort out your council tax and dealing with your deposit.
For more general housing advice you can check out the NUS housing pages or Shelter.
Rent will probably be your biggest outgoing whilst at University so make sure you know exactly where it’s going! We have extensive information regarding accommodation, including advice on council tax, deposits, bills and more.
Here are a few points to consider:
- Have you made arrangements to pay your accommodation fees monthly?
- Please be aware that failure to pay the University accommodation fees can lead to the debt being sent to colletors
- Remember to reclaim your deposit at the end of your lease period.
- For those in private accommodation be aware of steep rises in gas and electricity prices.
- Be aware that students do not pay Council Tax.
- Letting agent fees are unlawful in Scotland (for more information visit Shelter Scotland).
BE CAREFUL WITH MONEY SCAMS. DO NOT PAY LANDLORDS ANYTHING BEFORE SEEING THE FLAT AND SIGNING A CONTRACT. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR LANDLORDS TO ASK YOU TO PAY ANY NON-RETURNABLE FEE (IE FOR CREDIT CHECKS). IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT A TENANCY AGREEMENT LOOKS LIKE OR WHAT ARE THE LANDLORDS/TENANTS RESPONSIBILITIES, VISIT SHELTER SCOTLAND OR CONTACT AUSA ADVICE.