AberGreen Ceilidh

 

Join AberGreen to celebrate all its achievements over the past two years as the carbon reduction sustainability education project draws to an end!

On the 16th March, we’ll be hosting a night full of fun which will include our fav - Hipflask Ceilidh Band!

The event aims to recognise all our key volunteers and celebrate the achievements of societies involved in the project, so come on down to join in this special evening!

Tickets are £10.00 and include light vegetarian & vegan nibbles, welcome juice, presentations, fantastic raffle prizes, a vote in our SOUP-style competition***, and a ceilidh to dance the night away!

What’s most exciting is that we are inviting AUSA-affiliated student societies and clubs to be in the running to take home the revenue generated on the night! 

To learn how, please read on below!

Doors open at 6.30pm and the fun starts at 7.00pm! 

The Linklater Rooms are located directly next to Elphinstone Hall on the University of Aberdeen Campus. 

With dietary requirements or access needs, please email us at abergreen@abdn.ac.uk by the 9th March, so we can ensure everyone is accommodated.

To purchase your ticket for only £10.00 add the “item” to your basket, and head to the top left corner of your screen to check out.

Don’t miss a fantastic event, get your tickets early, as they will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Ticket sale ends on the 9th March but once tickets are gone, they are gone!

 

***We are adapting a SOUP-style celebration to support community micro-projects with a creative carbon reduction focus. At the event, you will be able to vote and hear from up to four presentations from AUSA-affiliated societies and sports clubs. Each presenter has four minutes to share their idea and answer four questions from the audience.

At the event, all attendees will be able to cast their vote for the project they think benefits the uni’s community the most.

At the end of the night, we count the votes and the winner society or club goes home with 60% of the money raised to carry out their project. The other 40% will go towards the Secret Garden Society to support the sustainability of food growing on campus. 

If you’re interested in presenting on behalf of your AUSA-affiliated society or club, please look out for further info on how to apply in the coming weeks or email abergreen@abdn.ac.uk for an application form.