AberGreen challanges you to unite as a halls block at HillHead and compete to be the most energy efficent community of the year, for a chance to win a grand prize!
Learn - Grow - Have Fun!
The reality that perils our age is that traditional models of producing, consuming and discarding are obsolete and no longer fit for purpose.
This is especially true in our use of resources such as energy and water. Many of these sources are finite and cannot be replaced easily. With the world population expected to grow by an additional billion by 2030, resource supply won’t match that the same rate
Become an Energy Champion, benefit from a range of free trainings to boost your skills and employability, meet new people and represent your halls of residence!
Recognition available for tasks with a high level of involvement such as:
- Regulary energy walk abouts (audits) in your block
- Reporting on findings
- Planning projects & meeting with Halls Energy Co-ordinator on a regular basis
- Assisting at energy awareness workshops
- Raising the profile of the competition and leader board at halls
- … And much more!
How it works
- Sign up to take part by completing a 5 min survey
- Attend an Energy Awareness Workshop for extra hints and tips
- Start saving electricity at home and in your halls
- Encourage friends and the rest of your flat to start saving*
- Check the HillHead Energy Championship leader board to see where your block is at!
- Be within the running to win the overall Halls Championship Grand Prize!
To apply to become a volunteer, or for more info on our upcoming events, don’t hesitate to get in touch:
To sign up for Energy Audits please fill out THIS form.
For Energy Session feedbacks fill out THIS form.
Individual. Responsible. Actionable. Steps.
This competition asks us to think about and evaluate our own behaviours in regards to surplus or waste energy. By changing our attitudes and taking the small steps to limit individual waste we can have a profound impact on solving our climate issues.
It all starts at home. With You!