At Aberdeen University Students' Association, we already have over 200 societies, sports clubs and student groups to choose from, but if you can’t find your passion within that list then why not set up an activity yourself? We want to grow our community and make AUSA a place where students’ can express their creative ideas.
What do I need to do to create a new society?
1. Check our current listings of societies to make sure that the society which you plan to set up is not already in existence or similar to an existing society.
2. Have a minimum of 10 potential members willing to support your society and three prospective committee members.
3. If those two requirements are met, then all you need to do is fill in this form, and we will take care of the rest.
What happens after you submit the form?
Once we have your completed application it’s taken to the Societies Union Committee to make a decision if the application meets the criteria to become a new society. Applications are reviewed monthly during term time. All applications received after the deadline will be reviewed during the following affiliation session.
Have questions? Need help?
Email us on email@example.com with your queries or to set up a meeting.
AUSA Sports Union currently has over 50 sports clubs of differing levels for you to join. If you can’t find what you are looking for, you can apply to start a new sport club. Please set up a meeting with the VP Sports to discuss what needs to happen.
Interested in making a new student group? You must meet the following criteria:
1. Ensure that your group doesn’t meet the definition of a sports club or society
2. A student group must add to the student experience or add a student service on one of our three campuses
3. You must be able to demonstrate that your potential student group is financially sustainable on its own.
4. Your potential membership must be 75% University of Aberdeen Students and the committee must be 100% University of Aberdeen students.
5. You must be able to provide a reason to AUSA as to why you need to be autonomous from AUSA and this reason must be in your Student Group constitution.
If you meet the above criteria, please send and email outlining this to firstname.lastname@example.org.