The remit of the Communities Committee is:
- Promote and support the development of volunteering opportunities to improve community engagement amongst the Student Body with the wider Community.
- Campaign on community issues such as, but not limited to affordable transport and provision of community spaces in partnership with other Aberdeen institutions, initiatives, and community groups.
- Promote the relationship between AUSA and local schools – both Primary and Secondary – with the aim to widen access to education and encourage a close relationship between students and the young people of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
- Develop cross-institutional strategies with other students’ unions to promote student inclusion across Aberdeen.
- Consider issues amongst the Old Aberdeen Community Council (OACC) and the impact this may have on students.
The Communities Committee 2020-2021 is chaired by the Vice President for Communities, Radeen Moncrieffe, and includes the following members;
Vice-Chair of Communities: Anttoni James Numminen
First Year Representative: Vacant
Foresterhill Representative: Vacant
Transport Officer: Vacant
Ordinary members (x4): Robbie Kirk, Logan Machall and George Taylo
- Student President: Cecilia Wallback
- Vice-President for Sport: Isla Scott
- Societies Union Chair: Daniel O'Connor
- RAG Chair: Alanna Buchan
- Qatar Campus Representative: Ahlam Jahlan