The remit of the Environment & Ethics Committee is:
Raise awareness of issues around environmental and social/systematic justice, and campaign on these issues.
Support and develop student-led environmental activities and initiatives.
Hold the University to account for its own Environmental and Ethical policies and its implementation of said policies.
Represent issues around Environment and Ethics at relevant platforms, both locally and nationally, as well as through AUSA’s democratic structures.
Feed into national campaigning groups and organisations, such as but not limited to, People and Planet and Friends of the Earth.
The Environment & Ethics Committee 2021-2022 is chaired by the Vice President for Communities, Camilo Torres-Barragán, and is made up of the following members (elections to the vacancies will take place in the first semester):
- Vice-Chair: Carolijn Van Der Putten
- Campaign Coordinator (x2): Vacant
- Foresterhill Representative: Vacant
- First Year Representative: Vacant
- Ordinary members (x3): Sara Akural and two vacancies
- Qatar Campus Representative (ex-officio): Vacant
Visit our Facebook Page.
- Shared Planet Representative(s): Julia Zieba (The Corner) & Emma Bristow (Swap Shop)
- Liberation Forum Representative(s):
Aberdeen Green Guide
The Environment and Ethics Committee 2017/18 and 2018/19 have worked on this guide to give you all sorts of tips and tricks about a sustainable lifestyle in Aberdeen. You can learn everything about Recycling in the city, a long list with ongoing campaigns and projects and an interactive map with vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Check out our Facebook page fb.com/AUSAeande/ for more information!