The remit of the Environment & Ethics Committee is:
Raise awareness of issues around environmental and social/systematic justice, and campaign on these issues.
Support and develop student-led environmental activities and initiatives.
Hold the University to account for its own Environmental and Ethical policies and its implementation of said policies.
Represent issues around Environment and Ethics at relevant platforms, both locally and nationally, as well as through AUSA’s democratic structures.
Feed into national campaigning groups and organisations, such as but not limited to, People and Planet and Friends of the Earth.
The Environment & Ethics Committee 2020-2021 is chaired by the Vice President for Communities, Radeen Moncrieffe, and is made up of the following members:
- Vice-Chair: Alisa Koester
- Fossil Free Coordinator: Bruce Donald
- Waste Officer: Lola Wilson
- First Year Representative: Dušan Dobrik
- Ordinary members (x3): Tomas Pizarro Escuti, Mustafa Mabruk, and Carolijn van det Putten
Visit our Facebook Page.
- Shared Planet Representative(s): Julia Zieba (The Corner) & Emma Bristow (Swap Shop)
- Liberation Forum Representative(s):
- Qatar Campus Representative: Sarah Hafeez
Aberdeen Green Guide
The Environment and Ethics Committee 2017/18 and 2018/19 have worked on this guide to give you all sorts of tips and tricks about a sustainable lifestyle in Aberdeen. You can learn everything about Recycling in the city, a long list with ongoing campaigns and projects and an interactive map with vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Check out our Facebook page fb.com/AUSAeande/ for more information!