The remit of the Societies Union Committee is:
- Promote the activities of Societies.
- The Vice-Chair shall be responsible for liaising with other interest groups, increasing cross-collaboration and engagement.
- Make decisions regarding Affiliations, Re-affiliations, and the Disaffiliationof Societies.
- Work with the International Students’ Forum to support and advise national Societies.
- Make decisions regarding the disbursement of funds to Societies.
- To organise, promote, and vote on the Societies Awards.
- Working with the Welfare Committee to safeguard the welfare of members.
- Ensure representation of students in the development and implementation of the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure members adhere to the Societies’ Union Handbook, all Byelaws, and the Constitution.
- Support AUSA in the development of active and sustainable Societies.
- Represent the interests of AUSA Societies to Student Council and to members of AUSA through relevant platforms.
The Societies Union Committee 2021-2022 is chaired by Rami Jerrow, and includes the following members (elections to the vacancies will take place in the first semester);
- Vice-Chair: Glen Agutu
- First Year Representative: Vacant
- Postgrauate Representative: Vacant
- Foresterhill Representative: Vacant
- Qatar Representative: Paul Senoyuit
- Ordinary members (x4): Tony McIlwraith, Marco Oosthuizen, Nirvan Abedi, and Edward Stewart
- Vice-President for Communities
- AUSA Representative (Staff)
- Qatar Campus Representative: Vacant
- International Students’ Forum Convener: Ma'en Al-Tayyem