The remit of the Societies Union Committee is:
- Promote the activities of Societies.
- The Vice-Chair shall be responsible for liaising with other interest groups, increasing cross-collaboration and engagement..
- Make decisions regarding Affiliations, Re-affiliations, and the Disaffiliationof Societies.
- Work with the International Students’ Forum to support and advise national Societies.
- Make decisions regarding the disbursement of funds to Societies.
- To organise, promote, and vote on the Societies Awards.
- Working with the Welfare Committee to safeguard the welfare of members..
- Ensure representation of students in the development and implementation of the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure members adhere to the Societies’ Union Handbook, all Byelaws, andthe Constitution.
- Support AUSA in the development of active and sustainable Societies.
- Represent the interests of AUSA Societies to Student Council and to members of AUSA through relevant platforms.
The Societies Union Committee 2020-2021 is chaired by Daniel O'Connor, and includes the following members;
Vice-Chair: Rami Jerrow
First Year Representative: Eitan Godsi
Postgrauate Representative: Lea Rattei
Ordinary members: Connor Mccausland, Piers Deseilligny, Gavin Mackenzie, and Jamie Murphy