The remit of the Sports Union Committee is:
- Promote and support all areas of sport and physical activity.
- Affiliation, re-affiliation, and disaffiliation of Sports Clubs.
- Safeguard welfare of members.
- Support the Vice President for Sports in their role, gather student opinion on sports issues, and act as a liaison between students and Vice-President for Sports.
- Support events such as the annual Sports Ball, to unite students and celebrate student sport.
- Feed into the University’s Institutional Sports Strategy.
- Represent interests of the Sports Union through relevant platforms, including Student Council.
The Sports Union Committee 2020-2021 is chaired by the Vice President for Sport, Isla Scott (currently chaired by Cecilia Wallbäck, Student President), and includes the following positions and members;
- Vice-Chair: Adam Lambert
- Alumni Convenor: Vacant
- Blues & Colours Convenor: Harnam Mann
- Event Convener: Victoria Orr
- Fundraising Convenor: Isaac (Zak) Parsons
- Intramural Sport Convenor: Sebastian Sjöblom Keller
- Academic Inclusion Convenor: Vacant
- Minority Inclusion Convenor: Vacant
- Media Convenor: Benjamin Peplow
- Perfomance Sport Convenor: Hariss Ali Gills
- Welfare Convenor: Nigel Isherwood