The remit of the Sports Union Committee is:
- Promote and support all areas of sport and physical activity.
- Affiliation, re-affiliation, and disaffiliation of Sports Clubs.
- Safeguard the welfare of members.
- Support the Vice President for Sports in their role, gather student opinion on sports issues, and act as a liaison between students and Vice-President for Sports.
- Support events such as the annual Sports Ball, to unite students and celebrate student sport.
- Feed into the University’s Institutional Sports Strategy.
- Represent interests of the Sports Union through relevant platforms, including Student Council.
The Sports Union Committee 2021-2022 is chaired by the Vice President for Sport, Adam Lambert, and currently includes the following positions and members;
- Vice-Chair: Dakota Hughes
- Alumni Convenor: Vacant
- Blues & Colours Convenor: Zak Parsons
- Event Convener: Satu Astikainen
- Fundraising Convenor: Vacant
- Intramural Sport Convenor: Vacant
- Academic Inclusion Convenor: Vacant
- Minority Inclusion Convenor: Eitan Godsi
- Media Convenor: Christopher Hempton
- Performance Sport Convenor: Harnam Mann
- Welfare Convenor: Abdulai Amulugu Mohammed