The remit of the Welfare Committee is:
- Promote student welfare, advice and support services available.
- The Vice-Chair shall be responsible for liaising with other interest groups, increasing cross-collaboration and engagement.
- Develop and implement welfare policy with approval from Student Council.
- Campaign on welfare issues, including but not limited to, wellbeing, health, student safety and housing issues.
- Liaise with other Standing Committees for joint projects.
- Support and work with student-led welfare projects and initiatives.
- Represent views of students through relevant platforms.
- Organise activities, awareness-raising events such as, but not limited to, Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Ensure activities, initiatives and services related to students’ welfare are accessible to all, especially minority groups.
The Welfare Committee 2021-2022 is chaired by the Vice President for Welfare, Ivana Drdáková, and includes the following members (elections to the vacancies will take place in the first semester);
- Vice-Chair of Welfare: Sophie Levine
- Foresterhill Representative: Vacant
- First Year Representative: Vacant
- Ordinary members (x5): Martin Le Brech, Mhairi Jervis, Magnus Hogenni, Scott Hasell, and Solvej Andersen
- Nightline Co-Ordinator(s)
- CASE Representative
- Qatar Campus Representative
- AUSA Representative (Staff)