The remit of the Welfare Committee is:
- Promote student welfare, advice and support services available.
- The Vice-Chair shall be responsible for liaising with other interest groups, increasing cross-collaboration and engagement.
- Develop and implement welfare policy with approval from Student Council.
- Campaign on welfare issues, including but not limited to, wellbeing, health, student safety and housing issues.
- Liaise with other Standing Committees for joint projects.
- Support and work with student-led welfare projects and initiatives.
- Represent views of students through relevant platforms.
- Organise activities, awareness-raising events such as, but not limited to, Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Ensure activities, initiatives and services related to students’ welfare are accessible to all, especially minority groups.
The Welfare Committee 2020-2021 is chaired by the Vice President for Welfare, Louise Henrard, and includes the following members;
- Vice-Chair of Welfare: Beatrix Livesey-Stephens (Bea)
- Foresterhill Representative: Vacant
- First Year Representative: Elizabeth Heverin
- Ordinary members (x5): Martin Le Brech, Emily Strickland, Ivana Drdakova, Maria Kvarving, and Mhairi Jervis
- Nightline Co-Ordinator(s):
- CASE Representative:
- Qatar Campus Representative: Yana Haddad
- AUSA Representative (Staff)