The Aberdeen University Model UN Society aims to:
- Bring together students that are interested in learning more about and possibly get involved in defining and solving issues of global governance; such as Humanitarian action, the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals), Climate Change, UN Reform and Peace & Security
- In doing so to provide students with the opportunity to meet, get to know and cooperative with other University students (both UK and International) interested in addressing these issues.
- To some extent enhance students’ knowledge regarding one of the most influential International Organisations (the UN), but more importantly to provide a forum for student input regarding the UN and its work.
- Give students an opportunity to participate in Model UN related activities, and to enhance their public speaking, critical thinking and argumentation skills through such activities. These would include society Model UN sessions, workshops and opportunities to attend Model UN conferences as part of the Aberdeen University delegation.
- In achieving these aims, the society hopes to cooperate with existing AUSA societies that have a similar focus (i.e. UNICEF, International Relations and Politics society, Amnesty International etc.); on e.g. mutual events, in addition to events of its own.
Our sessions are every Monday 6-8 pm in MacRobert 317.
If you are buying tickets for the Burn's night and are a vegetarian, please message the Facebook page or e-mail us until Thursday (18th) at 5 pm.
Tickets for the Burn's night are not available anymore!