Posted on Mon 09 Dec 2019 at 16:48 by Louise Henrard
Full motion can be accessed here: https://www.ausa.org.uk/resources/6045/Their-Jobs-Our-Education/
Last updated 09/03/2020
1. To mandate the Sabbatical Officers to attend picket lines when strike action is being taken on campus.
Sabbatical officers attended picket lines during the strike action in Nov/Dec 2019
Sabbatical officers attended picket lines during strike action in February/March 2020
2. To mandate the Executive Committee to not attend meetings with the University on days when strike action is taken on campus, unless this is to represent students on a disciplinary panel or meetings which are directly related to bringing industrial action to an end, if requested by campus trade unions.
3. To mandate a member of the Sabbatical Team to hold monthly meetings with the trade unions on campus.
The Communities Officer attends the Joint Trade Union meetings on campus.
4. To mandate the Executive Committee, to organise solidarity events and actions in support of staff in the event of an industrial dispute.
-Fundraiser organised by students and supported by Communities Officer
-Two teach-outs are student-led during the strikes
-Students support the Strikes will hold a banner making session + join the striking lecturers during the March on the final day of strikes
5. To mandate the Student President to issue an all-student e-mail in the run-up to strike action, encouraging students to not attend class on the affected days and to ensure - in collaboration with involved trade unions - that the student body is aware of the reasons of any industrial action taken.
One meeting was organised with UCU and Sabbatical Officers before the strike to talk about the best ways to support the strike action (Nov/Dec 2019)
Regular meetings between UCU and students/sabbatical officers on different issues (How to support PostGraduate Students)
Informational videos were released regarding strike dates, how to show support by attending picket lines and/or sending a letter to the Principal etc.
6. To mandate all Sabbatical Officers to carry out other awareness raising activities around strike action.
-Letter for students to send in support of the strikes available on the AUSA Website
-Comms on what a strike,picket line, casualisation and teach-outs are
-Student Union Building has UCU leaflets on how to join + information about the strikes