1. To be the main student representative for University of Aberdeen students.
2. To lead on input to University strategic initiatives and be the student leader on corporate governance meetings including represent students at University Court and University Senate.
3. To be the Chair of the Trustee Board.
4. Co-ordinate the development and delivery of Sabbatical Officer team objectives.
5. To liaise with the senior management of AUSA to ensure effective planning of AUSA services and activities.
6. To oversee the implementation and upholding of AUSA’s Policy in accordance with the Constitution and promote and oversee the democratic structure of AUSA in accordance with the relevant Byelaws.
7. To support the Foresterhill Committee, Qatar Campus Committee, and Section Groups.
8. Oversee AUSA activities within the National Union of Students, serving as an Ex-Officio delegate to the Annual Conference(s) of the NUS.
9. To co-ordinate measures to encourage a student community which respects the diversity of its membership, in accordance with the Constitution.
10. To support student volunteering, employability and skills development.
11. To liaise with relevant personnel in regards to marketing of the Student Association, reputation and risk management and ensure effective communication between AUSA and its membership.
Vice President for Education
1. To be the main representative on academic issues within the University, locally and nationally.
2. To lead the work on issues of national higher education policy in consultation with the other officers and students through regular open forums.
3. Co-ordinate and implement relevant campaigns on academic issues.
4. To coordinate Class Representatives and School Conveners/Reps.
5. Support students on academic issues that have wider policy implications, in consultation with the AUSA Advice and the Representative Services Department.
6. To Chair and support the Education Committee.
7. To support the Postgraduate Forum.
8. To represent students at University Senate.
9. To support the Academic and Discipline specific societies where appropriate.
Vice President for Sports
1. To be the main representative on physical activities and sporting issues within the University, locally and nationally.
2. To chair and support the Sports Committee.
3. To encourage involvement in Recreational, Intra Mural, and Performance Sport along with fitness and Wellbeing programmes.
4. To ensure the interests of all participants in the Sports Union including Clubs, Intra Mural and recreational sport users are equally considered in allocating resources and facilities.
5. To represent Sports Clubs within the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) and SSS.
6. To support the promotion and development of Intra Mural programmes and represent the students involved in Intra Mural sport.
7. To organise and support meetings of representatives of all recognised Sports Clubs.
8. To promote University sport throughout the community.
Vice President for Welfare
1. To be the main representative in welfare and housing matters within the University, locally and nationally.
2. To campaign on welfare issues including, but not limited to, wellbeing, mental health, sexual health, student safety, and housing issues to ensure that students are quipped to be at their best academically.
3. To chair and support the Welfare Committee.
4. To support the welfare of Liberation and Section Forums.
5. To ensure students have the skills and knowledge to campaign on welfare issues.
Vice President for Communities
1. To be the main representatives on matters relating to the local and student community to the University, locally and nationally.
2. To be the main representative for students involved with societies, RAG and student groups within the University, locally and nationally.
3. To organise and support sustainability, environmental and liberation activities within the University, locally and nationally.
4. To organise and support campaigns and activities on sustainability, transport, and environment and ethics.
5. To chair support the Communities Committee and Environment and Ethics Committee.
6. To support the Liberation Forums.