Raising and Giving (RAG) Committee Election 2021/22
The RAG Committee exists to:
1. To support and encourage all Student-led charitable fundraising at the Students’
2. The Vice-Chair shall be responsible for liaising with other interest groups, increasing
cross-collaboration and engagement.
3. To organise two ‘RAG Weeks’ over the course of the academic year.
4. To set up sub-committees tasked with organising, if decided by the committee to
organise, events such as, but not limited to:
a. Torcher Parade
b. Fashion Show
5. To recognise and award all student-let charitable fundraising at the Students’
Association by hosting an annual Disbursement Ceremony.
6. To promote and run charitable events with the aim to fundraise for local charities
based in Aberdeen and/or Aberdeenshire and/or national charities with a local
department based in Aberdeen and/or Aberdeenshire.
7. To allow charities in Aberdeen and/or Aberdeenshire to apply for funding and the
Committee votes on which charities to support based on projected fundraising.
a. This should be carried out in line withthe ‘RAG Criteria and Guidance
b. AUSA Staff is required to be present for this.
8. To make sure the profit of all charitable activities will be going to support the
charitable causes decided upon and advertised.
9. All budget-related decisions must be voted upon by the Committee with the
relevant Sabbatical Officer and AUSA staff member present.
10. To arrange monthly meetings with the finance staff at the Students’ Association to
make sure RAG is achieving its yearly objectives.
11. To work closely with AUSA staff.
12. To arrange meetings with representatives for other student-led charitable
campaigns at AUSA.
13. To reach out for new partnerships amongst Student Groups, Societies, and Sport
14. To make sure all new partnerships are formed by signing the ‘RAG Partnership
Agreement’ prior to organising a fundraiser.
Nominations close at 17:00 on Monday 19 April 2021 (in 8 days)