Keep up to date with everything happening with BookEnds here!
For over 30 years has the University’s second hand bookshop BookEnds been providing students not only a way to buy cheap textbooks, CDs and DVDs but also a way to make some money. We currently have over 6000 books in the shop, ranging from medical and science textbooks to literature and fiction.
BookEnds is a part of University of Aberdeen’s Student Charities Campaign which means that a large portion of what we make each year in the shop goes to local charities in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Did you know you can also sell your books, CDs and DVDs in BookEnds?
Just follow these three easy steps:
- Bring your books/CDs/DVDs into the shop,
- Choose your own prices (a part of that price is donated to charity)
- Fill in the form. Simple!
Once your books/CDs/DVDs have been sold you will get an e-mail from one of our volunteers asking you to come and collect your money. Like any good charitable second hand book seller we have Terms and Conditions which we strongly encourage you to read.
Want to be more involved?
BookEnds are always looking for new volunteers. Each year, we have on average 40 students volunteering with us. You can register your interest to volunteer with us via our email, or sign up on https://www.ausa.org.uk/getinvolved/volunteering at the start of each term. You can also stop by the shop and one of our volunteers will be more than happy to help!
We have regular nights out which include everything from bowling, mini golf, pub quizzes and other social events. While volunteering in BookEnds our volunteers get the opportunity to obtain a Saltire Award to recognise your volunteering hours. This means that when you complete 50, 100 or 200 hours of volunteer work you will receive a nationally recognised certificate which is great for your CV!
Want to find out more?
LIKE us on www.facebook.com/AUSABookEnds
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone us: 01224 273779
Bookends Terms & Conditions
- 35% of the sale price will be deducted from the sale of all items:
- 25% of which will go to charities, groups and projects supported by the Aberdeen University RAG Campaign and the Bookends Charitable Fund, 10% of the price will be used for sustaining and improving the bookshop and the remaining 65% will be given to the customer.
- We will aim to email owners to inform them of the sale of their items within two weeks, excluding holidays
- Money unclaimed 6 months after the email was sent will be treated as having been donated to the Students’ Charities Campaign
- Items not sold or withdrawn after one calendar year will be treated as having been donated
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their contact details are up-to-date
- V.A.T will be added to the sale of all CDs and DVDs
- We reserve the right to refuse custom
- All items are left at the owner’s risk (this includes theft, loss and damage)
- We reserve the right to change these conditions without notification.