Please Read Before Use
What is it?
Find a flatmate is a forum where you can find somebody to move in with!
We would like to encourage you to provide a short introduction as to who you are, what do you study, are you a night owl? Do you party? Any allergies? Pineapple on pizza? What are your interests?
What do you need to do?
- We encourage you to fill in your AUSA profile! You can do so by clicking on the icon next to the basket, opening the profile. Then you can edit it and insert a photo and information about yourself.
- Please make sure you use the correct forum whether looking for a flatmate or advertising an available room.
- Please make sure that you first meet up with the person in a public space (for safety, tell a friend where you are going and how long you expect to be).
What you shouldn’t do?
- Don’t provide your personal details within the forum (phone number, address, personal email).
- Don’t pay any money before viewing the property or agreeing on the lease terms.
Terms and Conditions
- Posts are placed at the author's own risk and by providing information, you agree for the information to be hosted on AUSA's website and to be contacted regarding your use of this service.
- AUSA will from time to time moderate the forums and remove any unsuitable or historic posts (older than one month).
- Commenting is permitted only to current students and members of the Aberdeen University Students’ Association.
Things to be aware of:
- When you sign a tenancy with others, you may be entering into a joint tenancy, it’s important you understand what that means. You can find more information about joint tenancies here.
- AUSA Advice provides a range of advice and information on accommodation which you can find here.
- AUSA Advice also offers a lease checking service, we will be happy to look over your lease documents before you sign them. Email email@example.com.
If you have any questions or feedback, or to report any inappropriate activity, please email AUSA Advice at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact the Vice-President for Welfare at email@example.com.